Terms and Condition Section B
Section B: Single travel service bookings with us
This Section B applies to single travel service bookings made directly with us, where you make and pay for a booking with us for a single travel service (such as accommodation-only, or event-only bookings) and where your contract is with us, SPORTS TOURS INTERNATIONAL LTD (trading as Sports Tours International, Club La Santa UK, Graham Baxter Sporting Tours, Wheel2Wheel Holidays, Walk2Walk Holidays, Freewheel Holidays, MyFirst and the Golf Travel Club). Registered office: Spectrum, 56-58 Benson Road, Birchwood, Warrington WA3 7PQ. Company registration number 2207655.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 703 8161
Correspondence address: Sports Tours International, 91 Walkden Road, Walkden, Manchester, M28 7BQ
This booking shall not constitute a package booking within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations and you will not therefore benefit from any rights applying to packages.
- Your contract
- In these booking conditions references to “you” and “your” means the first named person on the booking (the lead name) and all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is later added or substituted) and any one of them, as applicable. The lead name shall be responsible for the administration and correspondence in regard to the booking and warrants that they have the authority to make the booking (and any amendments and/or cancellations) on behalf of all the persons named on the booking. In making a booking with us, the lead name is regarded as having read, understood and agreed to these booking conditions on behalf of themselves and everyone else in the booking.
The lead name shall be liable for:
- the full payment of any deposits and balances;
- the payment of any amendment fees or cancellation charges;
- confirming the details of the persons in the booking to us;
- passing on to all persons in the booking any and all information issued by us including, without limitation, our booking confirmation invoices and these booking conditions.
- It is a condition of your Contract with us that you and all members of your party are adequately insured from the date that you make your booking with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including, without limitation, full Covid-19 cover, personal belongings, any pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation costs in the event of accident or illness.
- If you or any member of your booking has any specific medical condition, disability or reduced mobility which may affect your chosen travel arrangements then you should provide us with full details at the time of booking and before we issue our booking confirmation to you, so that we can advise as to any suitability or otherwise of your chosen travel arrangements. The lead name on the booking must also promptly update us of any changes that may occur after booking but prior to departure. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to inform you of this.
- Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking. Whilst every effort will be made to arrange any reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled and any failure to arrange a special request on our part shall not be deemed as being a breach of our Contract with you. In particular, special requests such as low floor, sea views, etc. are not able to be guaranteed unless you have specifically booked the type of room in question. We reserve the right to decline any booking that is conditional upon any special request being met.
- Booking and Payment
When you make a booking with us, you will be required to pay a deposit of £100 for each paying member of your booking and the Contract between us shall come into existence as soon as we have issued our confirmation invoice to you. We reserve the right not to accept your booking at any time up until we have issued a confirmation invoice to you and, in this event, we will refund any deposit(s) that you have paid to us. It is important that you check the confirmation invoice carefully and advise us immediately of any incorrect or incomplete information. Please ensure that names on the booking are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
The balance of the total price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 12 weeks before your departure date. If the balance is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your travel arrangements and retain your deposit.
Where accommodation-only is booked, the cost does not include any extra chargeable services that you may use whilst at the accommodation. These are payable direct to the hotel/accommodation provider.
If you make a booking with us within 12 weeks of departure, the full balance will be payable at the time of making your booking.
We reserve the right to alter any of our advertised accommodation prices prior to a booking being confirmed. You will be advised of the current price of the travel service that you wish to book before we confirm your booking.
- If you want to change your booking:
If you wish to change/amend your booking after we have issued a confirmation invoice to you, the lead name on the booking or your travel agent, on your behalf, must inform us in writing as soon as possible and the effective date of any change shall be the date that we receive written notification from you or your travel agent.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request but we will try to do so. You will be asked to pay an administration fee of £50 plus any difference in accommodation costs and any other costs and charge made by the accommodation supplier and/or incurred by us in making the change. These charges/costs are likely to be higher the closer you get to your arrival date, so contact us as soon as you can. If you change the number in your party, the accommodation price will be re-calculated. Changes to bookings for Club La Santa can only be made once and cannot be changed to a date more than twelve months after the original date of travel.
- If you want to cancel your booking:
If you wish to cancel your booking after we have issued a confirmation invoice to you, the lead name on the booking or your travel agent, on your behalf, must inform us in writing as soon as possible and the effective date of any cancellation shall be the date that we receive written notification from you or your travel agent. Because we incur costs in cancelling confirmed bookings, particularly if cancellations occur close to arrival date, you will be charged the cancellation fees below:
If you cancel (this is the date on which we receive your written notice of cancellation during the hours of 9am to 5.30pm):
- More than 84 days before your arrival date:
- Between 84 and 57 days: 50% of booking cost or higher when any non-refundable costs are included.
- Between 56 and 29 days: 70% of booking cost or higher when any non-refundable costs are included
- Between 28 and 15 days: 90% of booking cost or higher when any non-refundable costs are included e.
- Within 14 days of arrival date: 100%
Charges are shown as a percentage of your accommodation cost (excluding amendment fees, if any, which are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation).
- If we change or cancel your booking:
We may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and it is a term of your Contract with us that we can do so at any time.
Most changes will be minor and will be advised at the earliest possible date and, in the event of a minor change, we shall not be liable to pay you any compensation. Examples of minor changes include, but are not limited to, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, temporary withdrawal of facilities or seasonal unavailability of amenities.
However, if we are constrained by circumstances beyond our control to significantly alter your booking we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time before your departure, You will have the choice of (i) accepting the change, or (ii) accepting a suitable alternative where we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value and you will pay the increase in cost if the replacement is advertised at a higher price than your original booking), or (iii) having a refund of the money you’ve paid to us, if we are not able to offer an alternative that is sufficiently comparable
We reserve the right to cancel your booking, however, we will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 4 weeks before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken (see clause 7 below).
If your booking is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative booking of comparable standard from us, if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
In this event, we will not be liable for any amendment or cancellation fees you incur in terms of other arrangements you have made with other providers under separate contracts.
- Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable for any damage, loss, costs or other expenses incurred by you – or pay you compensation – where the performance or prompt performance of our Contractual obligations to you are prevented, or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature, as a result of unavoidable and extraordinary events.
Unavoidable and extraordinary events are events that neither we nor the suppliers of any service(s) in question could, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include, without limitation, war (whether actual or threatened), civil unrest, riot, strife, terrorist activity and/or its consequences or the threat of such activity, health risks, infectious disease, epidemics and pandemics and government measures to combat such outbreaks, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority or the act of any airport, port or river authorities, unforeseeable technical problems with transport, airport, port or airspace closure restriction or congestion; flight or other travel restrictions imposed by any government, regulatory authority or other third party; industrial dispute, sanctions, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, volcanic eruption, chemical or biological disaster, consequences of Brexit and all similar events outside our or the concerned supplier’s control.
- Our liability
- We will not be liable for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of possessions or loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any nature or description whatsoever which results from: (i) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or another/any member of your group; (ii) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of travel service booked; (iii) the travel service not being provided as booked due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances occurring at the place of destination or in its immediate vicinity; (iv) any loss or damage you incur that relates to any business activity (including without limitation loss of earnings); (v) any loss or damage that relates to any services which do not form part of our Contract with you (including, without limitation, any additional services or facilities booked and arranged by you directly, including any activity, tour or excursion you purchase in destination from a third party); (vi) any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your Booking prior to it being confirmed, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our Contract with you; (vii) any no-show of any persons in your booking or any late arrivals; (viii) any curtailment of your booking by any of the persons in your booking; (ix) the over occupancy of any accommodation that you have booked; and (x) any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description pursuant to clause 10 (Covid-19).
- Our Contract with you and the laws and applicable standards of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred will be used as the basis for reviewing your compliant. If the travel service which gave rise to the claim or complaint was provided in compliance with the applicable local laws and standards, the travel service will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the travel service did not comply with the laws and standards of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
- Unless provided otherwise by the applicable domestic public policy rules, our liability to you shall be limited to the total cost paid by you, in regard to your booking with us, unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under any international conventions.
- We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, cost, expense or other sum(s) of any description which did not result from any breach of our Contract with you or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. This includes, without limitation, (i) any separate contracts that you may enter into with other providers or suppliers for any excursions, activities or other services; and (ii) any services that are not provided by us or the providers of the travel service booked as part of your Contract that may include services provided near to where you are staying such as water sport providers, beach vendors, shops, massage and other spa therapies and sporting facilities.
- We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, cost, expense or other sum(s) of any description arising out of or in connection with any loss and/or damage to any personal belongings or effects, at any time.
- 9. Covid-19
- Both parties acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 global crisis and accept our obligations to comply with any official guidance from governments or local authorities, both in the UK and whilst in destination. We will have no liability for any refunds, compensation, costs, expenses or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including, where applicable, the cost of medical treatment), in the following circumstances:
(i) If you, or anyone in your booking, test positive for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time. If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- Postponing your booking to a later date. We will notify you of any impact to the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your booking, as well any increase in cost imposed by other suppliers);
- Cancelling your booking, in which case our standard cancellation charges shall apply as of the date we receive notice of cancellation from the lead name. You may be able to claim these charges back from your travel insurance.
If this happens whilst you are in destination, please notify us without delay and we will provide such reasonable assistance as we can in the circumstances. However, we will not be responsible for covering the cost of any curtailment of your booking, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required (either in the UK or in any other destination, prior to your departure), or other associated costs incurred by you. You must ensure you have travel insurance which covers these costs.
(ii) You fail any tests, checks or other measures imposed by a supplier, airline, port or airport, border control authority or other government body or local authority or fail to submit for testing or assessment when requested to do so and, as such, you are denied entry to board the flight, entry to the destination, access to the services or you are otherwise unable to proceed with your booking, or that portion of your booking.
- You also acknowledge that the accommodation owner and other associated travel service providers will need to comply with national and/or local guidance and requirements relating to Covid-19 and have implemented certain measures as a result. This will likely include specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment, such as use of facemasks by staff (and you may be required to wear a facemask as well), social distancing, maximum number restrictions on the use of certain facilities, designated alternative entrance and exit routes, mandatory hand sanitisation and amendments to the usual or normally expected safety standards and procedures. We do not expect these measures to have a significant impact on your enjoyment of your booking and all measures will be taken with the purpose of securing your safety and those around you.
- Your Behaviour
All people travelling with us are to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your booking is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any third party (including being threatening or abusive, upsetting, annoying or disturbing any other traveller, our staff or agents or putting any of them in danger) or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to consider your booking to have been cancelled by you with immediate effect.
In this event our liability to you will cease and you and the people in your booking will be required to leave your accommodation or other service immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or the people in your booking and will not be liable for any damage, loss, refunds expenses, or other costs incurred by you as a result including, without limitation, any return travel arrangements, the costs of cleaning, repairing or replacing property lost, damaged or destroyed by you, compensating any passenger, crew, staff or agent affected by your actions and diverting the aircraft or ship for the purpose of removing you.
If you cause damage to the accommodation in which you are staying, you must fully reimburse the accommodation concerned for the cost of the damage before the end of your stay (if the cost has been established by then) or as soon as it has been established (if later). You must also indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the accommodation or any third party as a result. We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking or with us.
The lead name shall, at all times ensure that all people in the booking:
(i) comply with any and all Covid-19 requirements during the trip; and
(ii) take into account their personal safety whilst in destination so as not to put themselves or others at unnecessary risk including, without limitation, ensuring that each person takes care when out during the hours of darkness; do not go out alone; do not put themselves in risk situations; are aware of their behaviour and actions in the context of their surroundings; and
(iii) comply with all relevant laws.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in our brochures and other promotional materials are accurate, however, occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in any such circumstances and at any time. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the travel arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking. We will not be liable for booking errors which are attributable to you and, should you subsequently need to amend a booking that we have confirmed, amendment charges shall apply. If a price on our booking confirmation, website, brochures or promotional material is obviously incorrect, a booking made on that price will not be valid and we reserve the right to cancel the booking, unless you wish to pay the correct price.
If you have a compliant during your stay, you must inform our resort representative and the relevant supplier of the service whilst in destination and without undue delay, who will endeavour to put things right. You should also try to find a solution whilst you’re there.
If your complaint is not resolved locally, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Customer Services Department at Sports Tours International Limited, 91 Walkden Road, Walkden, Manchester M28 7BQ within 28 days of your return giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to identify your concerns quickly and speed up our response to you.
If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint in resort, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint and this may affect your rights under this Contract.
Where any payment is made by us in regard to a claim, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) agrees to assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide us and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- 13. ABTA
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number V1479. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
- Passport, Visa, Immigration and Health Requirements
It is your responsibility to check and comply with any travel, passport, visa, entry, health, vaccination, testing and immigration requirements applicable to your booking. Requirements change on a regular basis and you must therefore continually check and monitor the requirements up to your date of return, both in regard to the countries to which you are travelling to or through – and any requirements on your return to the UK.
In addition to the relevant embassies and/or consulates, information can also be found on the following websites:
We do not accept any responsibility or liability if any member of your booking cannot travel or gain entry to an event and/or venue because they have not complied with any travel, passport, visa, vaccination, testing or immigration requirements or are not in possession of necessary travel documentation (including, without limitation, vaccination certificates, testing kits and any other required documentation).
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year from date of issue, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting.
You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any such requirements.
Excursions, events or other tours/activities that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday, or with a third party before you travel, do not form part of your Contract with us.
Instead, Your contract will be with the operator of the excursion, event or tour/activity and not with us – and we shall not be responsible or liable for the provision of any such excursion, event or tour/activity or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
- Data protection
These booking conditions may be varied by us at any time and at our sole discretion. Any new booking conditions will be published on our website and will have immediate effect.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These booking conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your Contract or booking will be dealt with by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Please click here to continue to Section C and D of our terms and condition.