Terms and Conditions Section C and D
Section C: Single travel service bookings with a third party
This Section C applies to single travel service bookings (such as accommodation-only, or event-only bookings) made with a third-party service provider, where we act as agent in making the booking for you and where your contract is with the third-party service provider (and not us).
SPORTS TOURS INTERNATIONAL LTD (trading as Sports Tours International, Club La Santa UK, Graham Baxter Sporting Tours, Wheel2Wheel Holidays, Walk2Walk Holidays, Freewheel Holidays, MyFirst and the Golf Travel Club). Registered office: Spectrum, 56-58 Benson Road, Birchwood, Warrington WA3 7PQ. Company registration number 2207655.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 703 8161
Correspondence address: Sports Tours International, 91 Walkden Road, Walkden, Manchester, M28 7BQ
- Your contract
- In these booking conditions references to “you” and “your” means the first named person on the booking (the lead name) and all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is later added or substituted) and any one of them, as applicable. The lead name shall be responsible for the administration and correspondence in regard to the booking and warrants that they have the authority to make the booking (and any amendments and/or cancellations) on behalf of all the persons named on the booking.
The lead name shall be liable for:
- the full payment of any deposits and balances;
- the payment of any amendment fees or cancellation charges levied by the third-party service provider in accordance with their terms and conditions;
- confirming the details of the persons in the booking to us (so that we might pass such booking details on to the third-party service provider);
- passing on to all persons in the booking any and all information issued by us and/or the third-party service provider including, without limitation, the third-party service provider’s confirmation of your booking; the third-party service providers terms and conditions and our booking conditions.
- Your contract (“Contract”) will be with the third-party service provider (e.g., the event organiser) and their terms and conditions will apply to your booking – a copy of which will be made available to you prior to you making a booking with us. In making a booking with us, the lead name is regarded as having read, understood and agreed to:
(i) the third-party service provider’s terms and conditions of Contract; and
(ii) our booking conditions (where we act as agent in making the booking for you with the third-party service provider);
on behalf of themselves and everyone else in the booking.
Payments are taken in full and the applicability of any refunds and/or part refunds are subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party service provider. Where tickets are issued and, if the tickets are subsequently lost, they may potentially not be replaceable without full payment again.
- Changes and Cancellations
Any changes and cancellations that you may wish to make to your booking will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party service provider. Generally, with entries to events, names are may not usually be substituted and/or amended, without with the express prior permission from the event organiser, who may also charge an administration fee. Please note, with most events, names cannot be changed at all.
Please therefore ensure that you and all members of your party are adequately insured from the date that you make your booking. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including, without limitation, full Covid-19 cover, personal belongings, any pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation costs in the event of accident or illness.
Similarly, the third-party service provider may make changes to the event date or structure of the event/experience without notice. In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement of any such events by the third-party service provider, for whatever reason, Sports Tours International cannot be held liable for any damage, loss, refund, cost inconvenience or other expense that you may incur from or in connection with any such cancellation and/or postponement. Please check the third-party service provider’s terms and conditions in regard to any rights you may or may not have, in these circumstances.
If you have a compliant during your stay, you must inform the relevant third-party service provider whilst in destination and without undue delay, who will endeavour to put things right.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in our brochures and other promotional materials are accurate, however, occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in any such circumstances and at any time. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the travel arrangement that you wish to book before you make your booking. We will not be liable for booking errors which are attributable to you and, should you subsequently need to amend a booking, amendment charges shall apply. If a price on our website, brochures or promotional material is obviously incorrect, a booking made on that price will not be valid and we reserve the right to cancel the booking, unless you wish to pay the correct price.
- Passport, Visa, Immigration and Health Requirements
It is your responsibility to check and comply with any travel, passport, visa, entry, health, vaccination, testing and immigration requirements applicable to your booking. Requirements change on a regular basis and you must therefore continually check and monitor the requirements up to your date of return, both in regard to the countries to which you are travelling to or through – and any requirements on your return to the UK.
In addition to the relevant embassies and/or consulates, information can also be found on the following websites:
We do not accept any responsibility or liability if any member of your booking cannot travel or gain entry to an event and/or venue because they have not complied with any travel, passport, visa, vaccination, testing or immigration requirements or are not in possession of necessary travel documentation (including, without limitation, vaccination certificates, testing kits and any other required documentation).
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year from date of issue, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting.
You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any such requirements.
If, in the reasonable opinion of the third party service provider and/or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your booking is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any third party (including being threatening or abusive, upsetting, annoying or disturbing any other traveller, third party service provider and/or their staff, agents or putting any of them in danger) or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, the third party service provider may deem your booking to have been cancelled by you with immediate effect. In this event their liability to you may cease and you and the people in your booking will be required to leave your accommodation or other service immediately.
In this event, we will have no obligation to you and/or the people in your booking and we will not be liable for any damage, loss, refunds expenses, or other costs incurred by you arising out of or in connection with this clause including, without limitation, any return travel arrangements, the costs of cleaning, repairing or replacing property lost, damaged or destroyed by you, compensating any other traveller, third party service provider and/or their staff, or agents, affected by your actions.
If you cause damage to the accommodation in which you are staying, you must fully reimburse the accommodation concerned for the cost of the damage before the end of your stay (if the cost has been established by then) or as soon as it has been established (if later). You must also indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the third-party service provider (e.g., the accommodation provider) or any third party as a result.
Sports Tours International shall not be liable for any death, personal injury, illness or loss (for example loss of possessions or loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any nature or description howsoever arising out of or in connection with your Contract with the third-party service provider.
In the event that you book any excursions, events or other tours/activities with any third party, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion, event or tour/activity and not with us – and we shall not be responsible or liable for the provision of any such excursion, event or tour/activity or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
- Data protection
These booking conditions may be varied by us at any time and at our sole discretion. Any new booking conditions will be published on our website and will have immediate effect.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These booking conditions are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your booking will be dealt with by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Section D: Other Important Information
- 1. Events
- Event Entry forms – for some events, entrants are obliged to fill in the appropriate official entry form, which we will send to you. This form must be returned within 7 days, or by any specified date for that event, to the issuing office or the specified location. Entries are subject to the event’s conditions of entry, which are outside of our control. Failure to return the signed entry form within the specified time may result in your race entry being refused, your booking cancelled and the loss of all monies you have paid.
- All requested medical information must be supplied otherwise the entry may be invalid.
- Some events may require a medical certificate to be able to enter. You will be advised of this at the time of booking, but it is your responsibility (and expense) to ensure you have organised this in accordance with the requirements of the event organiser
- Events may change their security and safety arrangements at the last minute and without notice and we have no control over this. Please be prepared for this eventuality and pay attention to and comply with any advice given by any security officials and/or event organisers.
- Certain events may require participants to undertake anti-doping procedures. It is a condition of your Contract with us that you will comply with this event requirement and condition, otherwise your participation may be barred or annulled by the event organiser.
- Participation or attendance at events may grant the event organiser permission to use your image in any subsequent promotion or communication about the event, whether it be via TV, printed material, online or otherwise. If you do not agree to this, you should not enter the event.
- Many events do not permit the resale or swapping of entries and we would recommend you only do this where authorised by the event organizer. Contravention of this may render your entry to the event as being void.
- In the event that you or any member of your booking fails to comply with any provisions of this clause 1, or any other requirement of the event organisers and/or officials, we will not be liable in any way for any loss, damage, cost, refund or other expense incurred by you or a member of your booking, howsoever arising, (whether monetary (i.e., non-refundable event fees) or otherwise) or for any inconvenience caused.
2 Cycling/Triathlons – where we arrange flights for cyclists and triathletes, we do not accept any responsibility or liability in the event that the airline/carrier fails to carry your cycle – or any other equipment – on the same flight as yourself. We will use our reasonable endeavours to liaise with the relevant airline/carrier to expedite speedy delivery, but we are not liable for any delayed or non-delivery of your equipment by the airline/carrier. If you have reserved bike hire through us, please refer to the separate terms and conditions covering this.
- 3. Baggage – typically one average sized suitcase only per person is permitted by the airline/carrier – weight allowances do vary dependant on the carrier, so please check with the carrier directly. Infants do not have any baggage allowance. Due to recent security alerts, the approved items for carriage within the cabin and/or aircraft hold have been subject to change. Please refer to your carrier for the very latest information prior to your departure, in addition to the UK departure airport’s website and www.dft.gov.uk
- Hotel/accommodation Check In/Check Out – the standard international practice is to let rooms from mid-afternoon on the day of arrival until mid-morning of the day of departure. Occasionally when you arrive at your accommodation, you may have to wait a short while until your room is ready. Similarly, if you are leaving the destination on a flight later in the day, you may be required to check out of your hotel room earlier in the day. In some cases, you may be able to extend you stay in your room or have access to facilities at the accommodation to change and refresh yourself in, but we cannot guarantee this, and this should be arranged with the accommodation management directly and any additional and associated costs will be payable by you.
- 5. Accommodation Room Sharing – applicable to Sections A and B only. If you are travelling alone and do not wish to pay the applicable supplement for a single room, we will, if you wish and subject to availability, match you up with someone of the same sex on a “twin to share” basis wherever possible. If you select a room sold on this “twin to share” basis you will be sharing with another participant on the tour and will not have sole use of the room. In such cases we are not allowed to give any details regarding the name, address or phone contact of the parties requesting sharing arrangements. Please note, you must inform us in advance of any medical conditions or personal issues that may negatively impact on someone else’s enjoyment of the trip, for example, snoring – if you do not inform us, then we reserve the right to change your booking to a single room and you will be liable for any additional charges. Note: where a room has been booked for one person only, whether it be a single room or the sole occupancy of a larger room, no other person is permitted to stay in that room, even if there is physically space for that person.
- 6. Insurance – we are an introducer appointed representative for Endsleigh, with whom we have partnered with to develop a bespoke insurance policy that is specifically designed for participation on our tours. The policy is available to UK and Non-UK residents and will cover trips in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. For more details visit https://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/travel-insurance/. It is not obligatory that you take out such insurance with Endsleigh and you should check the market to find a policy that meets your requirements. You must satisfy yourself that you have adequate insurance for your own possessions, including (without limitation) bicycles, golf clubs and other sports equipment, etc. Please note, should you take out a policy with Endsleigh, your possessions will not be insured, and, as such, we will not be liable for such possessions should something happen to them.
- 7. Tours and itineraries – whilst we try very hard to deliver your tour itinerary as specified at the time of booking, sometimes circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from providing the exact tour itinerary that is advertised and, in such circumstances, any such change shall be considered to be a minor/insignificant change. We shall not, therefore, be liable for any damage, loss, refund, cost or other expense incurred by you as a result of any such minor/insignificant change.
- 8. Variation – this Section D may be varied by us at any time and at our sole discretion. Any new Section D will be published on our website and will have immediate effect.
Please click here to refer back to Section A of our terms and conditions.
Please click here to refer back to Section B of our terms and conditions.