Loop around the Gulf of Morbihan
This multi-island tour around the Gulf of Morbihan takes you by boat and by bike. Enjoy the beautiful islands of Île aux Moines and Île d’Arz with their idyllic still waters. Another highlight of the trip is in the medieval city of Auray, home to a quaint and charming port. This isn’t the only lovely port you’ll see, you’ll be staying near the ports of Vannes, Crouesty and Trinité sur Mer too. You can also tick Suscinio castle of your list, a beautiful castle in Brittany. Finally delight your tastebuds with locally farmed oysters.
From £1510.00 P/P
After making your own way to Vannes, check into your hotel and enjoy an afternoon / evening acquainting yourself with the city.
Before your first day of cycling, you will meet your guide who will pair you with your bike. After cycling a little in Vannes, a boat will transport you to your destination for the night of Ile D’Arz. Here you can take a stroll on the island or around the port.
The day will start with a short boat journey to the peninsula of Sene, from where you will cycle a little while on the Gulf filled with glorious songbirds. Then it’s time for peninsula number two of the day, Rhus, which you will be taken to on boat. Here ride to Arzon along the southern shores of the peninsula. On route you will be castle of Suscinio and small village of Sarzeau, making this an excellent journey. The whole route today has small roads and greenways.
This morning will entail another boat, which will take you for a day’s excursion to the Ile-aux-Moines. This island has many car-free roads, making it a true paradise to visit (and hard to leave for Arzon for the night).
Day 5 will kick off with a shuttle taking you across the Gulf, heading north towards Morbihan. Here you can see the lines of menhirs (standing stones) which are remaining parts of ancient times in Carnac. Your stop for the night will be in the port of La Trinité-sur-mer.
It’s time to leave the Morbihan Gulf and head for the Ria d’Etel River, a truly gorgeous area. Pedal on towards the island of Saint-Cado, this tranquil oasis is car-free and is accessible by a little dam. You’ll be staying in Auray, home to a beautiful historical centre with intriguing buildings to view. Once again, you’ll be staying at the port, which is called Saint-Goustan.
Enjoy a last breakfast and then it’s time to head home
Start point: Vannes
End point: Vannes
Total distance: approx. 350km
Recommended for cyclists who regularly ride their bike with experience of cycling for a whole day. Explore new areas in a relaxed way, with distances of between 35 and 55 km per day.
- Accommodation: 7 nights in a Double room
- Standard Bike Hire
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 dinner
- Luggage transfer
- Phone assistance 24/7
- 6 boat passages (described in the program)
- A personalized greeting with our team at the beginning of the trip to receive your travel documents
- The itinerary trackable on the following supports:
- Loan of a Bicycle GPS uploaded with full itinerary of the trip
- Topo maps
- Cycling practical guide including restaurant recommendations for lunch et dinner
- Specific services
- Day 2 : Meeting with our guide in Brittany
- Day 2 : Boat crossing – VANNES – ILE D’ARZ
- Day 3 : Compagnie Bateaux Bus du Golfe – Boat transfer – One way – Low Season – 09h15 – From Arz to Sene
- Day 3 : Boat crossing – PRESQU’ILE DE SENE – SAINT-ARMEL
- Day 4 : Boat crossing – ARZON – ILE AUX MOINES
- Day 5 : Boat crossing – PORT-NAVALO – LOCMARIAQUER
- E-Bike rental (see option)
- Breakfast on day 1
- Dinners (except 1)
- Drinks, visits , amp; other personal expenses
We have put a calendar of events together that will provide you with some inspiration of what you can expect on your holiday, and when the best time to jet off is. Now’s your chance to travel further than you can by foot and be part of a memorable and exciting two-wheel journey with us.